What's 'Oil Film Speed' ?

I got a analysis report on journal bearing.

On report, there are 'Oil Film Speed' Actually, I don't understand what's that meaning?

I guess 'Oil Film Speed' represents a speed of rotating oil in the journal bearing. and 'Oil Film Speed' relate to predict the oil whirl and whip in the journal bearing.

However, in my understanding, I don't know how I can use that for design and how I can calculate or measure that.

For example,

when a report has values following as:

Dampered frequency (cpm) = 1000 Oil Film Speed (cpm) = 1000 . . . etc.

What's that mean? and How can I understand?

Please, let us know the web site for studying about it.

Thanks in advanced

Reply to
nEOUL