What's 'Oil Film Speed' ?

I got a analysis report on journal bearing.
On report, there are 'Oil Film Speed' Actually, I don't understand what's that meaning?
I guess 'Oil Film Speed' represents a speed of rotating oil in the journal bearing. and 'Oil Film Speed' relate to predict the oil whirl and whip in the journal bearing.
However, in my understanding, I don't know how I can use that for design and how I can calculate or measure that.
For example,
when a report has values following as:
Dampered frequency (cpm) = 1000 Oil Film Speed (cpm) = 1000 . . . etc.
What's that mean? and How can I understand?
Please, let us know the web site for studying about it.
Thanks in advanced