Bridgeport 2J Vari-speed bushing & upper bearing replacement

What's the procedure for replacing the black bushings for the driven
pulley on the spindle?
How do you remove and replace the bearings on the two sheaves of the
driven pulley? I can get the two pulley halves out, but I've never
replaced a bearing (well, one bearing in a mower 30 years ago) and
wondered how you extract the old bearings and press in new ones. I
don't have a press, but I do have a lathe. Those bearings aren't
precision spindle bearings. Can they just be sourced for best price,
or is it worthwhile to buy bearings from known Bridgeport parts
vendors because of quality issues. This is for home shop use, not
factory production.
RWL
Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET