Remembrance day

Nov. 11 is Remembrance Day In Canada. World War One ended on the eleventh
hour, of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month, 1918. Let us have two
minutes of silence to honour all of the servicemen and women, merchant
seamen, and civilians who gave their all for us.
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders Fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders Fields.
- John McCrae
Steve R.
Reply to
Steve R.
A toast to the living A drink to the dead
To absent friends.
Gunner, 55 tommorow.
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Also in Australia. Same setiments
Reply to
Grumpy
Hell, I thought you were old....to be 55 again.
Reply to
Rick Samuel
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:06:05 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:
Cheers! To absent friends and veterans of war.
Thanks for your service, ya young pup.
LJ, who turned 55 a full 3 months ago.
-- If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. -- Thomas A. Edison
Reply to
Larry Jaques
A big A-Men to that. ...lew... (76+)
Reply to
Lew Hartswick
Moi? Old? Perish the thought!
Im only old from the moment I awaken, to the time after stumbling painfully to the bathroom and then manage to take a good wiz. After that, things get much better.
Gunner
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Yes Steve, once again it's time to stop & give a few moment's thought about those who have died for us-
and those who continue to-

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer
55 put Gunner in the shit. I bet he gets bonus age for that experience.
Wes
Reply to
Wes
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:31:34 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:
Ditto here. Man, what's it going to be like when we're 80?