Remembrance day

Nov. 11 is Remembrance Day In Canada. World War One ended on the eleventh hour, of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month, 1918. Let us have two minutes of silence to honour all of the servicemen and women, merchant seamen, and civilians who gave their all for us.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow, Loved, and were loved, and now we lie In Flanders Fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe: To you from failing hands we throw The torch; be yours to hold it high. If ye break faith with us who die We shall not sleep, though poppies grow In Flanders Fields.

- John McCrae

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

A toast to the living A drink to the dead

To absent friends.

Gunner, 55 tommorow.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Also in Australia. Same setiments

Reply to
Grumpy

Hell, I thought you were old....to be 55 again.

Reply to
Rick Samuel

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:06:05 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:

Cheers! To absent friends and veterans of war.

Thanks for your service, ya young pup.

LJ, who turned 55 a full 3 months ago.

-- If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. -- Thomas A. Edison

Reply to
Larry Jaques

A big A-Men to that. ...lew... (76+)

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

Moi? Old? Perish the thought!

Im only old from the moment I awaken, to the time after stumbling painfully to the bathroom and then manage to take a good wiz. After that, things get much better.

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Yes Steve, once again it's time to stop & give a few moment's thought about those who have died for us-

and those who continue to-

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

55 put Gunner in the shit. I bet he gets bonus age for that experience.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:31:34 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:

Ditto here. Man, what's it going to be like when we're 80?