Happy Dominion Day (Canada)

Hello All;

I hope that all the Canadian RMR's are enjoying a wonderful Dominion Day. Get out and have a good time.

Ian Mathers Yellowknife, NT

Reply to
Ian G. Mathers

July 1st is Canada's birthday. The July 1st holiday is equivalent to July

4th in the US...

Reply to
Gerry Moore

double-decker

Are they "tourist" double-deckers, or public transit double-deckers, like we have here in daily service in Victoria, BC?

-- Cheers Roger T.

Roger T.

A tragedy in the Maritimes, and a commemoration of the time in 1947 (?) when Canada joined Newfoundland.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

A tragedy in the Maritimes, and a commemoration of the time in 1947 (?) when Canada joined Newfoundland.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

A tragedy in the Maritimes, and a commemoration of the time in 1947 (?) when Canada joined Newfoundland.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

A tragedy in the Maritimes, and a commemoration of the time in 1947 (?) when Canada joined Newfoundland.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

You mean you flipped a coin against Britain for the Newfies and Canada lost the toss?

Jay Modeling the North Shore & North Western C&NW/CNS&M in 1940-1955 Due to spam, all e-mails except those from selected addresses will be refused. Thanks for your understanding.

Reply to
JCunington

Do Canadians still call themselves 'Canucks' or is that term now out-of-date? And how do you pronounce it; 'canook' or 'canuhk'? Regards from Oz. Bill.

Reply to
William Pearce

Except if you happen to be an old phart like me.....and it is still 'Dominion Day'. I still fly the Red Ensign too...;0)

Ian Mathers

Reply to
Ian G. Mathers

Yeah, have a good one, Ian, all the best to our Canadian friends from Oz. Fly your flag high and proud. And this time, no bets, no need to fly the boxing kangaroo...

Steve Newcastle Oz (I gather NT doesn't stand for Northern Territory, then... :-))

Reply to
EssEm

First, Happy Canada day to the fine folks north of us (a day late)! I'm curious (as a American), about the good natured (at least I hope it is) abuse that the folks from New Foundland take. My family and I are planning to take a 3 week vacation there in August and all of our dealings with the people there, (making reservations, getting information), have been quite enjoyable. We are all very excited and looking forward to going there.

What's the inside joke?

Reply to
Ken Hammer

Mr. Trudeau is very dismayed :-(

Reminds me of a small bilboard I saw somewhere in Saskatchewan when driving up to see a friend in the Edmonton area:

Remember your heritage..........think miles.

regards, Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Zeman

Posted for the second time:

Reply to
Jim Stanton

Posted for the fourth time.

Reply to
Jim Stanton

And finally for the fifth time.

Reply to
Jim Stanton

Yes, we are still Canucks (pron. 'canuhk') except our politicians -- they're 'Canuckleheads'. The Vancouver NHL team's name is the 'Canucks'

Garth from Ottawa, Ont. (Canuckland)

Reply to
Garth Allen

Two things I remember from Mad magazine (probably 1976 or so...)

Taffy was a rich man Taffy was connected Taffy spent five hundred grand To get his man elected (wish I could remember the rest)

There was a crooked man Who had a crooked laugh And he ran a crooked office And he hired a crooked staff. ... So why vote for the crooked man Whose crooked ways you see? Because the rival candidate Is crookeder than he!

Jay Modeling the North Shore & North Western C&NW/CNS&M in 1940-1955 Due to spam, all e-mails except those from selected addresses will be refused. Thanks for your understanding.

Reply to
JCunington

Reply to
Jon Miller

Me, too. I think I'm the kiss of death for a candidate. If I like him, he'll finish dead last in the primary.