Re: Timonium Maryland June Show

Fly into BWI it is alot closer (but kind of a mess compared to Dulles). You can drive down to VACAPES from Baltimore without going through DC. There is also a hobby store at the Naval Base in Norfolk (the one with the big grey things floating in it) that has good prices. Take a look if you go. Have you been to Reston lately? You may be shocked at what you see.

I have never had the pleasure of a Timonium show, though from what > I have heard, I have missed a very special experience. > > > I haven't yet had the pleasure of the Timonium show, yet am very envious > / jealous of what I hear about it in the web news and the model press. [I > keep threatening the now 29 year old son who is an F/A 18 airplane driver > down in Virginia Beach that I may come visit for 3 days, fly into Dulles and > let him buy me breakfast before I head north and let him meet me at what > once ( back in the early 1970s) was the house in Reston where he was born > for a picnic lunch 3 days later. I tell him Grandpa will get the > grandkids a postcard. Really!] > > The Hodgson kits are really good items, and are a value for what is > charged. They are suited to a locale, in addition to being very good > models of specific prototypes in that locale. They are _NOT_ beginner kits. > > Similarly, from what I have heard and read, the Timonium show is not for > beginners, but -- as a marked contrast to the GATS crapola -- is a value > for what is charged. > > Come on guys -- you both provide very good yet very different > products. Please stop pissing on each other. > > It dignifies neither of you. > > Please be grownups > > Thank you. > > > > > > > If they want to see alot of hard core modelers, > > >> this the place in the Northeast to do it. > > > > > >Actually, West Springfield, Mass. is the place to do it. I doubt there > > >were 23,000 people in two days. > > > > Absolutely. I went down to Timonium for a show several years ago and lost > my > > ass down there, as did several other dealers who went down for that same > show. > > Springfield is much better, at least for my products. Could be the > location, > > but I got the feeling that people felt no urgency to buy, they know there > will > > be another show in that same building next month and the month after. At > > Springfield, they know the show is once a year, and they may not see that > item > > again until next February. I know for a fact that I buy more at > Springfield > > for that reason. > >
> James F. Hodgdon Jr. > > Hodgdon Scale Models
Reply to
MrRathburne