SW World 2006 Day 3 Morning

Well another half day has passed, and another godd start to a day here
in Vegas. First off let me take this time to appoligize for the many
speeling and gramatical errors in my posts. These posts are made
between sessions in an attempt to get the information out asap. That
said, here is a recap of this morning.
The general session started off with a few videos of some of the
products that are here in the product showcase. Among them was the
trek bike, the Koenigsegg 242MPH car, and a few other porducts. After
that Vic (whose last name escapes me right now) who is a board member
of DSS and Solidworks spoke briefly. Vic is a very entertaining
speaker, comical, and a pleasure to listen too. He introduced the
keynote speakers for the day.
Richard Seymour and Dick Powel make up the team at Seymour/Powel
Designs. Their company has designed hundreds of consumer products for
many companies that are house hold names. They spoke about the future
of design, and how being passionate about what all us users do, will
contribute to the future of the products that are developed. They
showcased many of the products they were approached to refine, and by
thinking outside the box, and taking a broad look at the item, were
able to redesign it into a reborn successful product. All in all it
was a very inspiring keynote address. Since they were the keynote,
they had a one hour speech which took up most of the session, so no
sneak peaks of 2007 or suprize guest today.
My morning session was "Lost in translation: using animator to sell
ideas, share complex information, and aquire funding."
This was an excellent presentation. It was given by Valerie Fatherley
of the Los Alamos National Labratory. While Valerie seemed to be a
little nearvous at first, she quickly had everyones attention with her
very complex and very professional looking animations. I will
definately be looking forward to seeing her presentation on the SW
World 2006 CD Rom.
Lunch is next, and they are whats called "Birds of a feather
luncheons". They color code the tables by industry so that you can
spend your lunch talking shop with people that do the same thing you
do, its a great way to gain insight on how other users complete the
same tasks that you do. Today im going to sit at the User Group table
to get more ideas on how to make my group more successful.
After lunch 2 more sessions, and then its off to the Las Vegas Motor
Speedway for a night of drag racing, food, games, and music. Should be
a good time.
On that note, I will try to post the day 3 afternoon thought when I get
back to my hotel, so it may be a little on the late side.
Wish you were all here!!
Reply to
SoCalMike
Well, Mike, I will be on the exhibition floor tomorrow. I'll be spending the whole day examining the 3rd party offerings.
I'll try to take notes and offer quips back here tomorrow night.
Bo
Reply to
Bo