aluminum tube strength

I'm looking for a good source for equations that are used to calculate load bearing strength and yield strength for aluminum tube.
I found this formula on a site for aircraft mechanics:
strength (in psi) = yield * (wall thickness / radius)
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:52:28 -0700 (PDT) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Some sort of buckling probably has to be taken into account, at least if it is thin-walled.
http://www.mech.uwa.edu.au/DANotes/buckling/intro/intro.html
http://physics.uwstout.edu/statstr/Strength/indexfbt.htm
-- Anders Lagers
On Mar 18, 12:52 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

This paper maybe useful for you, It summarizes the empirical formulas on quasi-static axial compression of thin-walled circular aluminium tubes:
Quasi-static axial compression of thin-walled circular aluminium tubes,S.R. Guillowa, G. Lua; *, R.H. Grzebietab,International Journal of Mechanical Sciences 43 (2001) 2103-2123