aluminum tube strength

I'm looking for a good source for equations that are used to calculate
load bearing strength and yield strength for aluminum tube.
I found this formula on a site for aircraft mechanics:
strength (in psi) = yield * (wall thickness / radius)
Reply to
sockpuppet61
Some sort of buckling probably has to be taken into account, at least if it is thin-walled.
--=20 Anders Lager=E5s
Reply to
Anders Lagerås
This paper maybe useful for you, It summarizes the empirical formulas on quasi-static axial compression of thin-walled circular aluminium tubes:
Quasi-static axial compression of thin-walled circular aluminium tubes,S.R. Guillowa, G. Lua; *, R.H. Grzebietab,International Journal of Mechanical Sciences 43 (2001) 2103-2123
Reply to
buaaluo

Site Timeline