Copper tungsten cleaning

Hi,

I am involved in plasma arc welding of PTFE coated stainless steel guidewires, .035" diameter. My problem is in cleaning the fixturing(copper tungsten), a dark material builds up on the clamp I use(I think this is burnt PTFE or carbon or both) which is affecting weld quality.

I have tried alcohol & acetone but to no avail. Sandblasting and other abrasive techniques are not possible as it damages the precision of the fixture.

Is there any other methods I could try for this cleaning

Thanks guys, Brent.

Reply to
Brent

Electropolish