Copper tungsten cleaning

Hi,
I am involved in plasma arc welding of PTFE coated stainless steel
guidewires, .035" diameter. My problem is in cleaning the
fixturing(copper tungsten), a dark material builds up on the clamp I
use(I think this is burnt PTFE or carbon or both) which is affecting
weld quality.
I have tried alcohol & acetone but to no avail. Sandblasting and other
abrasive techniques are not possible as it damages the precision of the
fixture.
Is there any other methods I could try for this cleaning
Thanks guys,
Brent.
Reply to
Brent