Who knows how to add Si into Mg melt?

I've prepared it by using the method that mentioned in some articles.Directly add Si powder or Si piece into the Mg melt of above 800 centigrade. But I failed.The Si was not resolved and deposited at the bottom of crucible.

Who can help me to resloves this problem?

Reply to
ck

Javad Safari

But I have no Si-Mg master alloy.If I can prepare the master alloy, I can also add Si into Mg melt.

"Javad Safari" ??????: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
ck