who knows how to add Si into Mg melt?

I've prepared it by using the method that mentioned in some articles.Directly add Si powder or Si piece into the Mg melt of above 800
centigrade. But I failed.The Si was not resolved and deposited at the bottom of crucible.
Who can help me to resloves this problem?
ck wrote:

How much Si did you want to solve? How much was solved? How long did you hold 800 C?
Michael Dahms
I want to add Si as much as I can. In fact, I've tried to add 8%Si to the Mg melt. But I estimated that only 4% was resolved.Maybe some of the Si powders were oxidated, some were deposited. I've hold the melt at 800 C for about 2hours .
??????: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

ck wrote:

8% is quite a lot. What's the liquidus-temperature at 8% Si?
Michael Dahms
BTW: Please stop top-posting!
The liquidus-temperature of Mg2Si at 8% Si is about 850C. But some researchers just heat themelt to 750C as they mentioned in their articles. I've tried to risen the melt temperature to 900C,but that led to the serious oxidation of Mg even under the protective air.
ck wrote:

Sic!
Then you need better protection.
Michael Dahms