cyclic behavior

During a cyclic angle (shear strain) controlled experiment. A net
increase in axial strain is observed. The increase in axial strain is
consistent with the number of cycles. I ran the experiment for almost
20 cycles and observed the similar behavior in case of pure Al. Also
the axial load was maintained zero thought out the experiment.
I am looking for a possible reason (mechanics or microstructure) and
reference related to it?
Thanks
Amit
Reply to
Amit Pandey
Amit,
What about the diameter? Contancy of volume?
Tresca criteria for strain?
ED
Reply to
Ed