Designing alloys using the actual shapes of the atoms

The periodicity of the atomic elements reveals them to be crystalline
associations of identical regular octahedra. The shapes of the atoms
and how they join are shown on

As a research engineer, studying chemical analyses was not of much use
for designing new stainless alloys. I wanted very much to know what
the atoms looked like. Now I know the shapes of the atoms and how they
join, but I don't have time to design alloys. I hope that you do.
Reply to
Robert Whitby
We are all very grateful for the kind and generous thoughts above.
There should be a rash of "designed alloys" right soon to replace all of the "accidental historical ones".
Jim
Reply to
jbuch
I had a "rash of designed alloys", but a trip to the doctor and a spoon full of medicine soon cured me of that, however he did warn me that it could flare up again if I wasn't careful :)
S.
Reply to
Simon Kay
Selenium salve will curb the itching of a rash of new materials.
Better keep some on hand because of the burst of new knowledge. It might even cause asthma attacks in some.
Jim
Sim> I had a "rash of designed alloys", but a trip to the doctor and a spoon full
Reply to
jbuch

Site Timeline