Designing alloys using the actual shapes of the atoms

The periodicity of the atomic elements reveals them to be crystalline associations of identical regular octahedra. The shapes of the atoms
and how they join are shown on
     http://homepage.mac.com/whitby /
As a research engineer, studying chemical analyses was not of much use for designing new stainless alloys. I wanted very much to know what the atoms looked like. Now I know the shapes of the atoms and how they join, but I don't have time to design alloys. I hope that you do.
Robert Whitby wrote:

We are all very grateful for the kind and generous thoughts above.
There should be a rash of "designed alloys" right soon to replace all of the "accidental historical ones".
Jim

Keepsake gift for young girls.
I had a "rash of designed alloys", but a trip to the doctor and a spoon full of medicine soon cured me of that, however he did warn me that it could flare up again if I wasn't careful :)
S.

Selenium salve will curb the itching of a rash of new materials.
Better keep some on hand because of the burst of new knowledge. It might even cause asthma attacks in some.
Jim
Simon Kay wrote:

I have since found out that touches of tellurium talc in strategic spots works wonders.
S.

Don't forget that gallium is good for the gonads...

use
they
of
Robert Whitby wrote: