Gating design (thinwalled casting)

Hi everybody.

Does any of you happen to know any good references on how to design gating and risering systems for casting of *thin walled sections* (in green sand)? I´m doing af project on very thin plates (less than 5 mm).

I´m especially looking for references, who also describes experimental tests and studies of different ways of designing it.

Finally I´m also interested in comparisons of castings made with simulation software, such as Magmasoft, and experimental casting results. I want to learn more on how accurate Magmasoft calculates.

I hope you can help or refer me to somebody who can...

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards Martin Jørgensen

Reply to
Martin Jørgensen

Lucky Strike

Reply to