stress rupture test spec

We are having some steel parts forged that will be used in ~ outdoor environment. 32 - 120 F. In the scope of work generated by a
previous chief engineer is included a "stress rupture" testing at 1200 F. So far my Internet search suggests that test is not necessary or really even appropriate, unless the service temp is going to be up in that range.
Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Dan T

Maybe but then I'm missing it too.
What's the applicayion of the part?
Low temp impact might be more important.
Alloy?
Bob