240 lbs set of parallels or railroad rails

This item, shockingly, weighs 240 lbs and has four sturdy carry handles on it.

It looks on the first sight to be a little boxed set of some measuring tools, but it is not. These things are almost the size of tram rails.

The box is, in my estimation, 24x24 inches in size.

Have you ever seen anything like this.

Ignoramus24409

Looks like they might be brass, bronze, alumibronze, etc... Someone won the auction at $1.04 total. If they pick this item up, they can make a profit by driving to the recycling center closest to the pick-up location IMHO.

My question is how this guy knows he is the #3 rated eBayer ever... Who is #2 and #1 and how do we find out who has the highest (cumulative, not %) feedback rating total on the site?

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Hey Iggy,

Congrats!! Have you got it home yet??

Not a clue as to what it is designed to do.

I wonder if some of this stuff is beryllium?

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I will get it next week, shipping was $104. (terminal pickup)

Someone said that these may be dies for a heavy paper punch. Doubtfully beryllium.

Ignoramus18364