3 jaw chuck-problems-(was Charles)

Hey fellers, I got a 16mm 3jaw chuck-bought it real cheap--now I know why

as you tighten the chuck with key it gets fairly snug, but--you can keep turning the key and it doesn't get any tighter---the more you turn it--past the snug point--the harder it is to open back up...

I think I have some conflicting coefficient of friction problems..it looks good inside--anyone else had this problem--hate to toss it--it centers good..HELP--

Reply to
Jerry Wass