AC Relay?

To the OP. If you have ethernet cable, you can make two unused conductors out of that cable to turn on your compressor. You will need a solid state relay with DC "contacts" and AC power rating, with a low power rating like 5A. These are very inexpensive. Place a DC source in your shop (could be a 9v battery even or whatever you can find cheaply). Place a on/off switch in your house. The switch would turn small DC voltage (say 9-12v) on and off that would be the input to the solid state relay. The two unused cat5 conductors could carry the microamp current to the DC relay. Make the DC relay turn on 110v AC to a contactor's coil, with the contactor rated for single phase HP of your compressor so that the contactor switches the compressor.

Ignoramus23437

You can't do a Google search on X-10?

It is an inexpensive system for home automation that uses high-frequenc signalling over existing power lines to remotely switch loads and perform varous other functions.

Reply to
Don Foreman

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its fascinating that when you call the Psychic Network..they have to ask your name and credit card number.

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

X-10 nonsense snipped.

I have an Dell Axim X30 PPC. It can browse the web with either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth just fine. I use it in hotspots where no physical connection (USB) is provided.

Linux is available for many models of PPC on a do it yourself basis.

Why on Earth do you think they will do that?

The Axim X-51 has a USB host as well as several other advanced features. I have to suspect there are other brands that do too.

Simply because they don't buy the third party programs for the standard build and jack up the price tag for features most people won't use.

-- W§ mostly in m.s -

Winston Smith

Gotcha, though that doesn't seem to be the case here. If I understand the OP's most recent post, all the conductors are in a common trench, but not in a single conduit. I don't believe the NEC considers a trench a raceway.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Yes, and suitable direct-burial control wire is readily available for lawn irrigation.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Reply to
William Noble