Air compressor parts online?

Hi all. Does anyone here have a good source for compressor parts. Specifically, I'm looking for an after market unit for my CH 20 Gal horizontal. I don't like the original piece, because the gauges are junk, and too small. What I need is something to attach to the 3/8" pipe outlet fitting. Everything else is off. I need gauges, pressure switch, and a place to attach the unloader line....An adjustable pressure switch would be nice, too.....Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
Michael

Use search engines like

or
. If you know the specifics of what you are looking for then you should be able to find distributors for those parts.

Reply to
Ritze

Thanks, Ritze, but I've been doing that all day, and no joy. The reason, of course, is that I don't know the specific parts numbers or what would work. I was hoping someone else here had been down this road.............thanks, anyway.

Reply to
Michael

Well, I finally found the parts I need. At Graingers no less. Them only selling wholesale, any suggestions??

Reply to
Michael

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:29:02 -0800, "Michael" calmly ranted:

Whenever you ask a question like that, it's best to put in the avenues you have already searched (including google search words) so people don't duplicate your previous info.

Since your search is for generic parts, not CH, you should be able to go to most plumbing (or welding) supply stores and find what you need. Take the old parts to match 'em up.

Googling for "compressor pressure switch" shows

at the top of the list. They should have all the parts you need except "a place to put the unloader", which you'll need to define better before anyone can help you. ;)

============================================================== Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord. http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online ==============================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Northern Tool & Equipment has some of the parts:

They also have gauges and manifolds but they're not listed in the same section for some reason.

I'd also check McMaster Carr,

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Just yesterday I was looking online for some (generic) air compressor parts. Here's what I found:

pressure switches:

?t=5&m=g1&itemNumber=19759 relief valves:
?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=A1&Category_Code=AP check valves:
?t=5&itemNumber=1049949
?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=A2B&Category_Code=AP Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Thanks, Keith Bob, and Ted!

I found some stuff on ebay, and ordered it. I have no idea if it will work, but I'm not throwing away this cast iron pump and buying a POS direct drive throw away! Way to go Ted Harris!

I saved all the references, and won't have to ask anymore about that! Grangers has everything, but I am not a biz!

Next question......Should I wash out the inside of the tank while it's apart? With what? I've got some camp stove fuel that I used to clean out the pump crank, but don't know if this would be a hazard to do to the tank:).

This pump has all new parts, a heavy *balanced* crank pulley, and good Made in America motor, and I wouldn't trade it for anything I see new at the stores.....

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Been down this road a couple of times...check out;

all the answers you need.

Reply to
ted harris

A secret about Grangers....find anyone you know with a business name and/or a business card and when they ask your company name, simply give em that one. Pay cash or credit card..."the boss will reimburse you". Ive used all sorts of business cards as "proof"...including one from Deja Vu once (strip joint) before getting my own business cards made up.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner wrote back on Sun, 12 Dec 2004 05:27:53 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

I have a "Company Name" which is a rather silly one. Used it once checking into a motel I'd used once before when on business. They gave me the discount.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Someone recently sent me a couple boxes full of Stuff. The business name was Procrastination Inc.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner

That works for me too and gets the corporate discount to boot!

Reply to
Mike Henry

I get mine from these guys.

Steve E.