Anyone need any HiTemp wire?

I scounged up a few rolls of fabric coated hi temperature wire, from

18ga to 10ga. Plus a few that appear to be plastic coated but are marked thermocouple wire....green and faintly resembling zip cord.

Making an oven or need control wiring? Send me a padded envelope and Ill lop you off as much as you need. Include return postage....

Gunner

Gunner

Hi, Gunner. If the wire is indeed thermocouple wire, each wire will be a different metal. The plastic will be Teflon and the fabric will be woven glass fiber for high temp insulation. If a little bit of the wire is stripped and then then welded to each other, you will have a fine thermocouple. The green may indicate the metal used in the wires.

Paul

Reply to
pdrahn

--- snip ---

probably K-type thermocouple wire, used to make temperature probes

Mungo Bulge

Green is the North American color code for type R or S extension wire.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

| >Paul | | Green is the North American color code for type R or S extension wire. | | | Best regards, | Spehro Pefhany | -- | "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" | snipped-for-privacy@interlog.com Info for manufacturers:

| Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:

Mungo Bulge

Extension wires for S & R (Platinum-Platinum-Rhodium, either 10% for S or 13% for R) are made from base metals, which are chosen to have close to the thermocouple voltage of the noble metal alloys at the relatively low temperatures where the extension wire lives.

So, the extension wire has no special salvage value. The thermocouple wire, OTOH, is very valuable, and is typically rather fine gauge, used in short pieces, and is typically well protected.

R & S types are quite similar in application and useful range, but differ a smidge in calibration. The fact they both exist is due to an accident and insistence on backwards compatibility in an era when instruments were relatively expensive and inflexible.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
txwings2004

Ill copy off the data on the spools when I get home this weekend.

As Martin Fishburn can attest..I also have a shitload of thermocouples

And an even bigger shitload of cartridge type mould heaters of all sorts

Gunner

Gunner

Calling me a fish ? - I can attest also! I got some when I was there. Martin [ awaiting an address and pictures from bud Gunner ]

Reply to
lionslair at consolidated dot

Wooops..sorry Martin...I have another friend who's name IS Fishburn...sigh...

Ill email them to you this evening.

Gunner

Gunner

Teasing -

burn in old English is creek or small river. We had property East of the burn. Some had fish in theirs.

This was during the first book of names taken in England. Most of them made up by those writing the books. 'this family will be named...'

Martin [ know Fishburn, Blackburn, Westburn, Farburn, .....] I often get my last name scrambled - mostly to Eastman. A more common name.

Martin