Anyone need any HiTemp wire?

I scounged up a few rolls of fabric coated hi temperature wire, from 18ga to 10ga. Plus a few that appear to be plastic coated but are
marked thermocouple wire....green and faintly resembling zip cord.
Making an oven or need control wiring? Send me a padded envelope and Ill lop you off as much as you need. Include return postage....<G>
Gunner
Hi, Gunner. If the wire is indeed thermocouple wire, each wire will be a different metal. The plastic will be Teflon and the fabric will be woven glass fiber for high temp insulation. If a little bit of the wire is stripped and then then welded to each other, you will have a fine thermocouple. The green may indicate the metal used in the wires.
Paul
On 20 Jul 2005 09:50:47 -0700, the renowned snipped-for-privacy@coinet.com wrote:

Green is the North American color code for type R or S extension wire.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
if it is NASI R,S extension wire and not IEC K type, I'd be salvaging it, the stuff I used was platinum and platinum & rhodium. However, if it is ANSI U type, it will just be copper and copper & nickel
Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com | Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:45:33 -0400, the renowned "Mungo Bulge"

Extension wires for S & R (Platinum-Platinum-Rhodium, either 10% for S or 13% for R) are made from base metals, which are chosen to have close to the thermocouple voltage of the noble metal alloys at the relatively low temperatures where the extension wire lives.
So, the extension wire has no special salvage value. The thermocouple wire, OTOH, is very valuable, and is typically rather fine gauge, used in short pieces, and is typically well protected.
R & S types are quite similar in application and useful range, but differ a smidge in calibration. The fact they both exist is due to an accident and insistence on backwards compatibility in an era when instruments were relatively expensive and inflexible.
probably K-type thermocouple wire, used to make temperature probes http://www.omega.com/prodinfo/ThermocoupleWire.html
--
The Road Warrior Hobbit

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this account with services or other
Hi, I could use a few feet of thermocouple wire to repair a temp unit that needs new wire. Could you send me the details. Thanks, Steve
Gunner wrote:

On 20 Jul 2005 18:17:47 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Ill copy off the data on the spools when I get home this weekend.
As Martin Fishburn can attest..I also have a shitload of thermocouples
And an even bigger shitload of cartridge type mould heaters of all sorts
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

Calling me a fish ? - I can attest also! I got some when I was there. Martin [ awaiting an address and pictures from bud Gunner ]
--
Martin Eastburn
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:45:40 -0500, "lionslair at consolidated dot net" <"lionslair at consolidated dot net"> wrote:

Wooops..sorry Martin...I have another friend who's name IS Fishburn...sigh...
Ill email them to you this evening.
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

Teasing -
burn in old English is creek or small river. We had property East of the burn. Some had fish in theirs.
This was during the first book of names taken in England. Most of them made up by those writing the books. 'this family will be named...'
Martin [ know Fishburn, Blackburn, Westburn, Farburn, .....] I often get my last name scrambled - mostly to Eastman. A more common name.
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn