Anything Stronger Than Loctite 271 Threadlocker?

I need to permanently bond together threaded male and female 316 SS rods. I use Loctite 271 Threadlocker to do it but, for complicated reasons, it is
not working out very well. Do you know of any other product that offers a stronger bond? (welding or staking of the rods are not options...) Thanks.
--
Tiziano

Tiziano wrote:

If you go to the Loctite site and look up the technical specifications of 271 it shows that stainless only achieves approx 25% of the strength of a steel bond. 277 gets to 50% but the bond is improved by the use of different activators. Send them an email they're the experts.
Bernard R
Tiziano wrote:

Stainless steel is one of the least effected metals when bonded with anaerobic adhesives because the surface is very passive. To get any kind of high strength you must use primer. The problem is if you prime both parts and try to wick in 290 it may set up before completely wicking in. If you use a strong thick loctite like 272, 277 or 620 you may not even get the parts together before it starts to set. Depending on the size of your parts, how they are being assembled, and how they are being used, will determine the best application method. Bottom line- you must experiment.
Have you tried cleaning both pieces with acetone or some such and just forcing them tight? My experience with stainless fasteners is that they gall together so tight you will break the bolts before budging the nut. My experiences were with 5/8 diameter bots and nuts, got to where we dreaded having to change anything.

Yeah I was gonna say that I don't have any problems getting Stainless to gall together so tight you don't need locktight.

Yep, same here. Just screw 'em together dry.
Pete Keillor

Greetings Tizano, I recently had a threaded joint fail using loctite 271. This was the first time it had happened to me. Since time was of the essence and I was the engineer of this project I re-threaded the shaft and the extension with left hand threads since the rotation of the system would tighten left-hand threads. If you can go this route it may be just the type of fix you need. There is also an adhesive called ROCKSETT. I've never used it but have been told by folks who have that it works very well. Just use Google to find a seller. ERS