Atlas MFC Milling Machine belt

I have been rebuilding a MFC miller for about 2 years now. I finally have everthing cleaned up, painted , and ready to go back together. I finally looked at the drive belt and realized that I have to take the head apart to get a one piece belt on. The old belt was made of rubber /canvas links that were pinned together.

Where can I find one of these or is there another solution short if disassembly ?

Thanks,

BW

Reply to
BW
[posted and mailed]

"BW" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Isn't just a 3L belt? That is that it is 3/8" wide? Measure the width of your pulley.

Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

Disassembly isn't that hard. The instructions are online at the Atlas/clausing site; it's the only procedure they've posted for the MF mills.

See

Your MFC should have two-step pulleys, not 3 used in some earlier machines. When I did this I used a Gates Truflex 3290 (5L290) belt.

Pete

Reply to
PLAlbrecht