Band saw blade

First, I want to say Hello to everyone in this group. I have a question concerning the bandsawmachine that i would like to buy. My firm is manufacturing various things, mostly working with INOX tubes, profiles and bars. We are seeking some horisontal band saw blade machine for cutting

1"x1.5 mm and 1,5" x 1.5 mm INOX tubes. Having in mind low thickness of tube walls, i have to find blade that would work well, without theets falling of or wear to much.

I suppose that 24 tooth per inch would be enough for vibration free cutting, but i can't find supplyer for theese. We have tried to cut one tube with 14 tooth/inch and (as i said to a seller that would happen) broke almost all of teeth in first few seconds. Simply not enough teeth on blade.

Machine is 90% will be knuth B-180. Does anyone knows some good band saw manufacturing company that is working in eastern Europe (Serbia)? Thanks for your time and support.

Cheers

Vladimir Krzalic

Reply to
Krzalic

If the wall thickness is not too thick, my understanding is that a substantial Russian woman can proly cut it with her teeth. +/- .100

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Well, the one's with moustaches, at any rate.

-- Mr. P.V.'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY Ever-preparing for The Grand Insertion Party Nominee, IPPVM Independent Party of the Proctologically Violated®© (M)asses "That's proly not a hemorrhoid you're feeling.... " entropic3.14decay at optonline2.718 dot net; remove pi and e to reply--ie, all d'numbuhs "Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message news:5A60h.493$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga...

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Those are more common than bandsaw blades in Siberia. The OP is in Serbia, a bit to the south.

Reply to
Rex B

Hello, Vladimir. I suggest that for tubes like this you move to an abrasive chop saw. They work very well and very fast on thinwall tubing. If you must use a bandsaw, then look for one with an extremely high blade speed and try a friction cut.

GWE

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin

1,5mm is still rather thin stock for a bandsaw, and even a 24 TPI blade might not be fine enough for production work. And stainless steels are difficult to cut or drill even in the best of circumstances. (I do it JUST often enough to know this.)

If the burrs left from an abrasive cut-off saw will be a big problem that has to be fixed later on in the manufacturing process, and you don't mind spending for the right machine, look into "abrasive waterjet cutting" machinery - 30000 PSI to 60000 PSI water (roughly

5000 BAR) with a cutting abrasive in it, aimed at the stock.

They are NOT cheap, but they are very useful and they cut just about anything. With a CNC cutting head, you can have a sculptured profile on the ends of the tubes for ready-to-weld fit-up at all sorts of odd angles.

No heat affected zone from Plasma or flame cutting, and the edges are very clean and straight.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Up yours PT. Plonk!

Reply to
Ken Davey

Thank you all on the info.

The waterjet machine is just too expensive for our application as we are not cutting that amount of pipes for this machine to be cost effective.

We have also tried with abrasive chop saw but there is problem with perpendicularity of the cut, as blade often diverts from the desired path, no matter what's the pressure on the tube. We are often cutting two corner cuts on a single pipe (handrails) so these two MUST be perpedicular to a staircase plane or handrail will not stand right in it's place.

Reply to
Krzalic

Might want to go small, 1/2" blade, for fine pitch. The $199 HF 4x6 saw might do you, can put bimetal blades, etc. on it. Really a neat item. Will mitre, as well, altho you will probably want to make a good fixture.

Also, there is something called a Roll-In saw, which is like a DoAll vert. bandsaw, except the blade is twisted 45 and the table rolls into the blade, for an automatic feed. A really neat item. Cupla people here have one, I think. Used, about a grand. Also, some Doall saws have a weight/auto feed feature, kind of hokey, and I think they have an attachment that will twist the blade 45 deg for long tubes. The Roll-In and Doalls take any blade up to 3/4, I believe.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

You might also consider a cold saw or a steel cutting circular saw blade. I have no experience with either of those on thin wall tubing, so maybe someone with experience will speak up.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

This may not completely help you in Serbia, but it _is_ possible to get 24 tooth per inch blades. :-

I'm sorry that I don't know any suppliers close to you, but there _will_ be someone!

good luck Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I'd prefer a cold saw for that. Band saws aren't very good on that, no matter how much you tension the band or adjust the guides.

One more thing to the 16TPI bands you got: You have to cut them in (no matter what size). Out of the factory, they are much to aggressive (that's what good manufacturers tell you). Cut

100 cm^2 of massive steel with reduced feed and then cut your sensible tubes. You will notice a _big_ difference.

Contact them:

They do have up to 32TPI and are a German manufacturer. Maybe they do have a dealer near you.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller