bending and tension loads

Could someone direct me to how I can calculate the max loads on a piece of say, 2" OD .5" wall 4130 seamless cold rolled mechanical tubing? I have some charts for smaller thinwall, but nothing on mechanical tubing.

Website, spreadsheet template or book suggestions?

Thank you

Phil

Reply to
PW

Machinery Handbook allows one to calculate the I and Z for most shapes, regardless of the dimensions. Once you have the I and Z, you can use another section of the handbook to assess the stress and deflection. It is all formulas, but you can do a sample calculation with something that you get out of a book to make sure that you understand how it works.

Richard

PW wrote:

Reply to
Richard Ferguson