Best 5Amp Sherline CNC upgrade

Hi,
Sorry about the cross-post but speed is of the essence here.
I need to urgently turn my sherline mill into an engraver. I have some
150oz, 2.25v, 4.6A, 1.8deg steppers, NEMA-23.
I need the controllers, mounts and anything else to make this work. I
have an old 486DX to throw into the job.
Any suggestions on where/who/what to buy?
I'd prefer opinons from people with actual experience with the setups
please. I have plenty of unfounded opinions of my own but this needs
to be running by the start of next week.
I'd like the cheapest but speed of getting it going is more important
so I may consider other styuff too.
Thanks.
Reply to
FrankRF2
Hi Frank I have actually installed and used the Ah ha system on an automatic three axis glue machine..
I have looked at the others.. they seem to work well.. flashcut has a very nice interface...

later, Mike
Reply to
Santa Cruz Mike
I have a Microkinetics CNC on my Sherline mill. Runs on a IBM 486 33 PS-1 (you fill in the PS). Works very well with their driver board. JR Dweller in the cellar
snipped-for-privacy@cable>
Reply to
JR North
Have a look at