buy AR15

The early models had terrible accuracy. The latest ones have been improved to poor. My worst SKS will out shoot the best Mini-14 or Mini-30 I've shot.

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

Sigh..and all the good toys are illegal here in California.

Gunner, jonesing badly for another STG-58

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves, but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post, listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02 worth."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Just send them a California Button to install before shipping to you.

Reply to
Bill McKee

No can do. Has to be "approved" before sale to California.

So Im stuck with the M1A and their clones...and Mini-14s...snicker...

Far too expensive for the one..and far to crappy and inaccurate for the other.

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves, but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post, listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02 worth."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Actually I thought it had to be on the banned list, or it could be sold.

Reply to
Bill McKee

Its on the Banned list. FN-FAL and variations.

While the rest of the nation gave up the Assualt Weapons Bill a few years back..California had their very own..and they keep adding to it.

You know that most handguns are not able to be sold in California..not even NEW ones..high quality ones?

Every weapon that is intended to be sold in California, samples must be sent to Sacto for "testing". Now if the weapon is changed in ANY way..new sights, different barrel length, color, stainless over blue rather than blue over stainless...a sample of Each must be submitted to Sacto, along with a fair amount of money for "testing" before it can be sold in California.

One cannot buy a new Kimber here, they told California to f*ck off. Same with many other manufactures. Even Ruger.

Which of course has had some ramifications for law enforcement here.....manufactures are not selling police replacement arms to match those already sold. Many are simply telling California agencies to f*ck off. Barrett did, as did many others.

But hey..its California..a state run for 45 or more years by Demonrats...and #3 worst economy of the US.. One time of course..it was the 7th largest economy in the world. No more.

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves, but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post, listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02 worth."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:09:41 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:

Do you think Pelosi, Boxer, or Feinstein will be reelected next year? As always, people everywhere hope not.

Nice li'l plinker! Got a spare grand I can borrow?

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary ====================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No idea. But I expect all Leftists to be dead in less than 3 yrs.

Shrug.

Nope..and they are going for $625 at the moment.

Gunner

DISCLAIMER: The content does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either my ISP, myself, my company or employer, my friends (if any,) my goldfish or my neighbour's mad dog; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; all rights reserved; the post is distribution copyrighted to the extent that you may distribute the post and all its associated parts freely but you may not make a profit from it or include the post in commercial publications without written permission from the Prime Minister of Hutt Province; other copyright laws for specific posts apply wherever noted or not noted, either deliberately, negligently, or otherwise; posts are subject to change without notice; posts are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; do not pass go; do not collect $200; your mileage may vary; no substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; the post is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; the post is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied; user assumes full liabilities; not liable for damages due to use or misuse; an equal opportunity abuse employer; no shoes, no shirt; quantities are limited while supplies last; if defects are discovered, do not attempt to fix them yourself but return to an authorised post service centre; caveat emptor; read at your own risk; parental advisory - explicit words; text may contain material some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised; not suitable for children; not suitable for adults; not for human consumption; keep away from sunlight, pets and small children; limit one-per-family; no money down; no purchase necessary; to approved purchasers only; facsimiles are acceptable in South Australia; you need not be present to read this post; some assembly required; batteries not included; action figures sold separately; no preservatives added; tools not included; safety goggles may be required during use; sealed for your protection, do not use if the safety seal is broken; call before you dig; for external use only; if a rash, redness, irritation or swelling develops, discontinue use; use only with proper ventilation; avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool, dry place; keep away from open flames, naked flames and old flames; avoid inhaling fumes; avoid contact with mucous membranes; do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 60 degrees Centigrade; do not place near flammable or magnetic source; smoking the post may be hazardous to your health; the best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a good laugh; text used on the post is made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles; no animals were used to test the hilarity of this post other than Synapse Syndrome; no salt, MSG, artificial colour or flavour added; may contain traces of replies to peanuts; if ingested, do not induce vomiting, if symptoms persist, consult your humourologist; post is ribbed for your pleasure; slippery when wet; must be 18 to read; possible penalties for early withdrawal; post offer valid only in participating newsgroups; slightly higher in South Australia; allow four to six weeks for delivery; damage from hurricane, lightning, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, flood, orgasm, misuse, self-abuse, neglect, unauthorised repair, damage from improper installation, broken antenna, marred cabinet, incorrect line voltage, missing or altered serial numbers, sonic boom vibrations, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts or other Acts of God are not covered; incidents owing to aeroplane crash, ship sinking, motor vehicle accidents, leaky roof, broken glass, falling rocks, mud

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I read about that and the law clearly exempted private sales. So while you may not be able to buy the non-CA tested handgun at a retail gun store in CA, there was no restriction on privately importing one into CA.

Reply to
Pete C.

Actually..you cant import a handgun into California without going through a FFL...and you cant bring in a "non approved" or prohibited firearm of any kind to California.

  1. I am moving into California and I own several handguns. What are the new-resident registration requirements?

You are considered to be a personal handgun importer as defined by California law. You may bring all of your otherwise California-legal firearms with you, but you must report all of your handguns to the DOJ within 60 days as required utilizing the New Resident Handgun Ownership Report. PDF logo [PDF 518 kb / 2 pg] You are not required to report rifles or shotguns. You may not bring ammunition feeding devices with a capacity greater than ten rounds, machineguns, or assault weapons into California.

(PC sections 12001(n), 12072(f)(2))

Have a fun time reading this bit of trash....

Its worse than the US Assault Weapon Ban was. And its never going away. At least..not until all the Leftards are dead and bulldozed into mass graves.

Oh..before I forget... Handguns "certified for sale in California"

List of "good guns"

A list of those that have lost Certification..

It should be noted that several Glock models are not on the Cert list..but are allowed for Law Enforcement carry..of course. As well as virtually any handgun on the Removed list.

And No handgun NOT on the Good Gun list may be imported or sold...except to cops.

[...]

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 04:44:22 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:

Sooner, if the Senate passes Nobamacare, eh? Incoming!

The price at DSARMS.com was $1150.

I got my Acer delivered from Walmart today. When I ws taking the mini-tower out of the foam wrap, I heard a clink, clunk, rattlerattle. Popped the side case off and found a loose motherboard. 2 screws loose, 1 tight, and TWO FELL OUT. Whew, I'm sure glad I didn't just turn it on and watch the magic smoke disappear.

What's the best way to xfer all my proggies and data from the XP box into the Windows Vista Business box? I haven't done this in a long while.

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary ====================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

(...)

I'd make a crossover network cable and connect them directly together. "Share" the XP C:\ drive and Bob's your uncle.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

e:

There's a utility to do this, MS supplies. To go along with, assuming you don't have a home LAN or the like, various manufacturers supply a USB interconnect, $20 was what I paid from Micro Center. I used the utility at work to go from XP to Vista, it more or less worked for data, I still had to reinstall programs. The days of just copying program files over are GONE. I think MS calls it something like the File and Settings Transfer Wizard or some such. Haven't used it for a year or better, don't remember the details.

I was forced into Vista at work, I hate it. A lot has to do with the way the LAN honchos have stuff locked down, but things that used to be fairly obvious to change are now buried, sometimes beyond retrieval. Only benefits I can see are for remote management of large numbers of machines, not home use.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:47:23 -0800 (PST), the infamous snipped-for-privacy@prolynx.com scrawled the following:

After digging some more, I believe it's called Easy Transfer.

I have a guaranteed update to Win 7 Pro with this new box, so I'm going to wait to xfer the stuff over after doing a wipe of Vista and clean install of W7Pro, probably with a 16gb thumb drive and Easy Transfer.

-- You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be the Golden Oldies. Now that's SCARY! --Maxine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Pull the disk out of the XP box and plug it into the Vista box.

Better still, boot the Vista box off the XP disk and trash the Vista disk :-|

Mark Rand (Yes, I do work in the IT department of a global company) RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Heh! Yup.

Ain't no guarantee that Larry's new machine has any PATA ports. Prolly SATA based. Maybe buy one of those PATA / USB converter cables, if he really doesn't want to network the two machines together.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:43:16 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand scrawled the following:

Nah, I can do a clean format and install of a real operating system. Why waste a perfectly good hard drive? I understand that upgrading from Vista leaves tons of nasty DLLs and other crap on the drive.

Everyone I've talked to about Vista hates it. Techs despise it, saying Win7 is the debugged version of it. I'll be doing a clean install of Win7Pro shortly (once I get the "free" guaranteed upgrade mailed to me on my nickel), then using Easy Transfer and a 16/32/64GB thumb drive to swap old goodies to the new box.

Thanks, guys.

-- You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be the Golden Oldies. Now that's SCARY! --Maxine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:07:11 -0800, the infamous Winston scrawled the following:

It's an Acer Veriton in the small box, so it doesn't even have room for an extra hard drive. It's whisper quiet, though, and 2.5GHz with a couple gigs of mem and 7,200rpm drive, so it should be fast.

-- You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be the Golden Oldies. Now that's SCARY! --Maxine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

(...)

I don't know if Ubuntu Linux supports SATA drives yet. You may have to install XP. :)

I overwrote a Vista notebook computer with XP. Only thing missing was a sound driver; I was able to download and install that afterwards. Worked great!

Roger that.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:22:56 -0800, the infamous Winston scrawled the following:

The old box had XP on it. The new box gets Win7Pro, TYVM. I may put another mama in the old one and put up with the hiss from the old monitor just long enough to load Ubuntu on the old one. Speed wouldn't matter so I could get a used mama cheap. But I won't do that for my main comp.

I avoided several intermediate versions of DOS, Win 4.0 (and other .0s from then on, Win ME, Win NT, and (almost) Vista. I loved Win 3.1,

2000, and XP so far.

But M$ software is all useless for working metal. Too limp.

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques