C-Clamp Obviousity

While tightening a 3" C-clamp today my eye fell on the lettering cast on the body.

Now I've seen manuafacturer's names, "Malleable, "Pearlitic", inch sizes and lately with metric equivalents, and for the last decade or so "CHINA" cast onto C-clamps.

But this clamp, in my estimation, wins the prize for the most useless self evident marking you could put on a C-Clamp.

Somebody must have been really stuck for something unique to say about their C-clamps.

I've ever encountered a non-adjustable C-clamp, except maybe ones I let get too close to a welding arc or left outside all winter.

(I'm pretty sure this clamp was made in the USA, it's marked "Chicago" and has been with me for at least 35 years.)

Jeff (Who believes you can't be too rich, too thin or own too many clamps.

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Perhaps the clamp is made by the Adjustable Clamp Company out of Chicago?

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

Robin is right.... it's a brand name.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Winlund

Bob Powell

Tim Williams wrote: (clip) BTW, aren't they forged? (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Probably counterfeit.

This guy runs a fish market, and he gets a new sign. It says, "Fresh fish for sale here today." A customer comes in and says, "Nice sign, but you didn't need to say 'today.' You wouldn't be selling fish yesterday. So the owner goes up with a saw and cuts off "today." The sign now says "Fresh fish for sale here." Next customer says, "You didn't have to say 'here.' You wouldn't be selling fish next block. So, off comes the word "here." Sign now says "Fresh fish for sale." Another customer tells him he doesn't need the words "For sale." "After all, everyone knows you wouldn't be giving them away." So, after more sawing, the sign says, "Fresh fish." The next customer advises him to remove the word "fresh." No one expects you to be advertising stale fish. So now the sign says, "Fish." Another guy comes in and says, "You don't need that sign. I can smell your place a block away."

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

1440-1 is probably the model number. 1440 series, and the first or second (if there is a -0 as well) of that series. (I sell Jorgensen and Pony at work, also Adjustable Clamp Co. products)

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

I'd believe that it would be kind of redundant of it said "C-Clamp" on the side. Don't know a company by that name.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works evevery time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

"@comcastwrote: the Admustable Clamp Co (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^ an ad JUSTable clamp is "just" a clamp, but an adMUSTable clamp "must" be a clamp.

Reply to