Can a 1150 RPM motor be used for phase converter

If it is a 3 phase AC induction motor it should work fine. You're Welcome Eric

Reply to
etpm

Thanks a lot

Reply to
Ignoramus13558

I've never used a rotary phase converter but have used VFD's to control speed on 3-ph motors. If I wanted to run a 3-ph motor at home on split-phase, would I be better off with a rotary converter or a VFD? It seems that VFD's are cheap enough but I do have a boat-load of 3-ph motors of various sizes. Maybe I'll bring a production machine home for when I get bored.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Use a VFD if you need variable speed, I use a rotary on my B-port cuz I like to be able to plug-reverse when tapping.

MikeB

Reply to
BQ340

If your three phase machine has a lot of controls like contactors, relays etc, or SCR rectifiers, you need a phase converter.

Ignoramus13558

Yes

Your welcome

"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake." Malcolm Wallop former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)

Reply to
Gunner Asch