can penetrating oil be gelled?

Petrolium gelly?

No. I think i've found an easier way. Take your rusted items and wrap them in paper towels. Spray down the towels real good with your de-ruster oil and then take those bundles and put them in a plastic grocery bag. Place the bag in a bucket.

Thats what I'm trying now..

-Scott

Reply to
aSkeptic

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 00:46:02 GMT, "aSkeptic" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

I think that misses the point of the problem a bit.

Reply to
Old Nick

shoot. you're right..

the part that is rusted cannot be removed from the structure that it is attached to

hmm..

Phosphoric acid jellys are supposed to remove rust but it inevitably leaves a new chemical coating which might be undesireable.

Adding degreaser to petrojelly would make it runny and it'd be a jelly no longer

Sandblasting might work better..

-Scott

Reply to
aSkeptic

...Throw some acid on it and be done with it...

Tim

Tim Williams

Have you tried bicycle or motorcycle chain lubricant? It goes on as a foam and is designed to be highly penetrating.

--RC Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?

Reply to
rcook5

I haven't tried that. I'll keep my eye out for it. thanks

Reply to
aSkeptic

Google groups has given me trouble lately too. I finally broke down and I'm now using a real usenet reader. Just an email client...

-scott

Reply to
aSkeptic