Chroming Cast Tooling Plate?

I can get inexpensive aluminum cast tooling plate drops at my local metal store. I like working with this stuff because they're flat enough for my tolerances that I don't have to face mill all six sides.

I'm going to work up a batch of about thirty parts and want to get them chromed. I don't know what the alloy is, the guys at the metal shop say the alloy is "cast aluminum tooling plate". Is there any problems chroming this stuff or anything I'll need to tell the Chromer?

Thanks,

George

Reply to
gglines