Compressor pumps

My 2nd-worst nightmare ... backing the truck loaded with lumber into the "new" shop space , I didn't notice that 12' 2x4 pushing on my compressor . BANG , it tips over , lands on the pump pulley . Both connecting rods snapped off , and the crank bearings pushed out the back side . So I've ordered a new pump , but wonder if this one is worth repairing . It ran well , quiet , pistons are dead clean as is the bottom end . It looks like rods are going to cost around 25-30 bucks each , and the new pump was only $120 ... What would you do ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I'd suggest you drink a whole hell of a lot less beer and smoke a couple fewer joints before backing lumber into your shop next time, Snag. ;)

That's lucky for you. Condolences on the screwup.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

TIG the con rods and whatever else broke back together carefully and call it frankenpressor2?

Reply to
Pete C.