Copper-nickel alloy

Specifically 70-30 cupronickel. Any links or advice on machining and/or brazing this stuff? Ususlly used in marine (salt water) plumbing and heat
exchangers.
On Friday, June 19, 2015 at 10:15:59 AM UTC-7, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

Sometimes called Monel? I've used cupronickel brazing rod, but that'd be welding rod in this case; it must be possible to weld, I've seen Monel sinks that were obviously weld-ups.
On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 10:19:31 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."

I've seen a number of marine heat exchangers, said to be cupronickel, that had the end plates soldered on but I am not sure whether it was lead-tin solder or silver solder, but I did visit a shop that was making them and the assembly was being done with an acetylene torch.
You might look at: http://www.copperalliance.org.uk/docs/librariesprovider5/resources/pub-139-copper-nickel-welding-and-fabrication-pdf.pdf https://books.google.co.th/books?id=hmzRBQAAQBAJ&pg=PA880&lpg=PA880&dq=how+to+weld+cupronickel+heat+exchangers&source=bl&ots=Dgkxme7lza&sig {8lBlC4eF_VdthvN-5J1CU7YOQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=mcWEVa2uM9C0uAST34GICw&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=how%20to%20weld%20cupronickel%20heat%20exchangers&flse www.nickelinstitute.org/~/Media/Files/TechnicalLiterature/Copper_NickelAlloys_PropertiesandApplications_12007_.pd For more detail.
--
cheers,

John B.
Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

Go look for Keith Fenner on You Tube or Facebook. He can likely tell you all you would need to know.
--
Steve W.