Copper-nickel alloy

Specifically 70-30 cupronickel. Any links or advice on machining and/or brazing this stuff? Ususlly used in marine (salt water) plumbing and heat exchangers.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Sometimes called Monel? I've used cupronickel brazing rod, but that'd be welding rod in this case; it must be possible to weld, I've seen Monel sinks that were obviously weld-ups.

Reply to
whit3rd

I've seen a number of marine heat exchangers, said to be cupronickel, that had the end plates soldered on but I am not sure whether it was lead-tin solder or silver solder, but I did visit a shop that was making them and the assembly was being done with an acetylene torch.

You might look at:

For more detail.

Reply to
John B.

Go look for Keith Fenner on You Tube or Facebook. He can likely tell you all you would need to know.

Reply to
Steve W.