Covering up the solder in a copper project

I am working on soldering copper joint for this project:

I was told that the exposed silver solder could be covered up or "plated" some how. Can someone clue me in as to where I can buy this and how it's done? Thanx in advance.

Reply to
bitstream

"bitstream" wrote: (clip) Can someone clue me in as to where I can buy this and how it's done? (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I believe that stained glass workers commonly use a copper sulfate solution to deposit a thin copper film. I don;t have any details.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

The first step of triple chrome plating is plating copper. You just stop there. This place sells kits:

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

That won't work on silver solder.

One might consider brush plating. Ted Edwards has some experience in that regard and may be able to shed some light on the subject.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Copper sulfate will work on ferrous materials. Cupric chloride works on less electromotive metals, up to and including lead.

Use a heavily copper-bearing silver solder, and you won't have to cover the joints. They'll look like they were fusion welded.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Who is Ted Edwards?

Reply to
Boll Weevil

He's a regular here on RCM. Very bright and creative individual.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos