Dehumidifier question

This guy thinks your condenser needs a wash:

--Winston

That's exactly the procedure I used to fix mine. It's starts to ice up after about 2 years, and this cleaning fixes it every time.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
Garrett Fulton

I would have never logic'd that one out before. Thanx for the lesson.

If the refrigerant boiled before it went through the needle valve then it would be vapor entering the evaporator and very little cooling would happen at all as no evaporation would happen in the right spot. The pipes would be iced over though...LOL

Water boils at a lower temperature at higher altitudes/lower pressures (e.g. in Boulder Colorado), hence the need for pressure cookers in such locations (or at lower altitudes, if you need to cook something at a higher temperature).

More refrigerant in the system means more pressure at both the high and low end -- but at the high end, the pressure should never be low enough to let the refrigerant boil.

Note that I am *not* a licensed refrigeration technician, so I could have some of this wrong, but I *do* know that when my home AC was low on refrigerant, it froze up regularly (I had to turn on the furnace to melt away the glacier which formed). and when the licensed technician came by, he pointed to the low pressure end and how the temperature on the gauge was below freezing. And, when he added more refrigerant, the temperature (and pressure) went up -- at least until the leak had its say again -- far too soon. I needed a new A-coil to fix that. :-(

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
Josepi