Digital scales and VFDs (and YADRO)

Hi!

I have written a section what you have to do when your digital scales (the cheap Chinese ones) are making problems. Especialy if you have a VFD on your mill / lathe, they are very sensible to electrical noise.

Chapters are:

  • shielding the VFD
  • mechanical shielding the scales (not just against chips, but also for the chip (of the scale))
  • electrical shielding (dampening capacitor and resistor, short cables, shielded cables)

The article is online at:

*** Let me also take the chance to inform you that *** *** YADRO has an distributor for USA / Canada. You *** *** can find him here: ***

Enjoy, Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Have you got a US distributor yet, Nick? Tom

Reply to
Tom Wait

USA and Canada. Hobbymetrix.com does both markets.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

See my explanation of why LR44's are not appropriate:

Richard J Kinch

Thanks, looks like they are just getting started. Tom

Reply to
Tom Wait

That's right. But I don't use them, nor suggest using them. If that was misunderstood. The interface also supplies power to the digital scale, so no need for batteries.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

In _that_ business, yes. They are a family run business (two brothers one sister). Nice people talking to and very focused. I had eMail-conversation with then for nearly two months.

One brother is an electronics, the other the software-man. They also do have a small shop. So they know what they are selling. They do have the PCBs since two weeks, and I pushed them to go online, because many didn't want to order from Great Britain.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

The mAh ratings for these two batteries on the McMaster site show the alkaline cell to be greater than the silver oxide cell. This is counter to your notes.

Reply to
syoung

Energizer tech data shows them to be the same. There are variations between brands. The alkies definitely droop more in voltage over lifetime than the silver-oxide ones do. I get about a year from an energizer 357 (SR44) in my calipers. They are readily available at Wal-Mart and Radio Shack.

Reply to
Don Foreman