Drawing threads National Pipe Threads (NPT)

Hello,

Do you know some good information about how to draw in detail threads of type NPT (ASA-B2.1 1960) ? Now I have to draw NPT 1/4" - 18. The following site says what D is, but does not tell how to find this:

don't know how to calculate D and other parameters to draw the thread.

thanks, Miguel

Reply to
Miguel

Rather than re-invent the wheel, I usually download a drawing file from an online source and insert the thread details in question where I want them.

has online .dxf files of many of their NPT fittings and many of the larger companies will have online libraries of drawings of their products available for design use.

Reply to
John Sullivan

What do I have to search for on that site to get these DXF files ?

Miguel

"John Sullivan" wrote in news:2faic.27481$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Reply to
Miguel

By looking up brass pipe fittings and pipe, select a fitting of appropriate size. Once you choose a specific item (narrowed to one part number) you'll have options on the left side of the screen which include technical drawing and 3d model (providing they are available for that part number). For a

1/4-18 NPT male to female 90 degree brass elbow (which has drawings available) the part number is 4429K151. You can navigate through selecting different parts, (elbows, reducers, plugs, etc) and if they have a drawing file, you can download it to your system.
Reply to
John Sullivan

Or you could use the thread form data from Machinery's Handbook and draw it to scale. That's what I do. Once a thread of a given type is drawn, it can be copied and scaled for your next drawing.

Ron Thompson Was On the Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast, Now On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center, USA

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.

--Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Reply to
Ron Thompson