Easy shoe shining tip #62

If you, while wearing black leather shoes, accidentally step into a bucket with used motor oil when getting off a ladder, the leather shoes will acquire a beautiful shined appearance, with a deep, satin black color. Make sure to watch your language, though.

Ignoramus7130

Ignoramus7130 fired this volley in news:jJOdnQfRxqwlPMfSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

yeah... but so will the socks and the feet!

It's one thing to polish the outsides, but how do you get the oil out of the INSIDE of the shoes?

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I was very lucky, there was only a couple of inches of oil, none got inside. At least I think so, I had black socks on me.

Ignoramus7130

If you, while wearing black leather shoes, accidentally step into a bucket with used motor oil when getting off a ladder, the leather shoes will acquire a beautiful shined appearance, with a deep, satin black color. Make sure to watch your language, though.

i _______________________________

If you wear any soft-soled shoe within 5' of a wire trimmer you have instant golf shoes.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Which brings up another shoe issue: Sulfated cutting oil will turn leather soles into oatmeal in about three days.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ha!

Been there done that, got the t-shirt!

It was about 20 years ago... but in my case it was those white leather Addias...

IIRC, it wasn't all that amusing when it happened... but everyone else seemed to think it was hilarious! Have a photo around here somewhere.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Heh heh heh. Time to fire that silly sumbish who left an open container of oil around. "Hire" someone who immediately funnels it into an old gallon jug so it can be recycled, eh?

P.S: Wives do -not- love the new smell of the shoes when they return to the house. (DAMHIKT, as I'm single.)

-- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

........did you repeat with the other one for a matching pair?

Reply to
Dennis

When I was in high school my brother left some used motor oil in a plastic pan and the cat jumped into it. The cat was soaked halfway up his body. I put him in the tub and used lots of dish soap to clean off the oil. The poor cat just howled the whole time I was cleaning hime off. Eric

Reply to
etpm