Encoder saga continues

I bought a display, cable, and 2500 count quadrature encoder from US Digital. Less than $200.00 for all the pieces. I configured the
display last night so now it will show 10,000 counts per encoder revolution. Next step is to make the mount for the encoder and try out a belt and cable. I have two 1 inch travel indicators with fine resolution. One is mechanical and shows .0001", the other is electronic and shows 50 millionths of an inch. Both are accurate to the indcated resolution. These will be used to measure the travel that the slide moves and this number will be compared to the dispIay. The display has a scaling factor setting that will be used to correct any small variation in measured travel compared to displayed travel. I think I've figured out how to connect the slide to the encoder.. If it works I'll post pictures. ERS