FS: 208 # Vintage Blacksmith Anvil - Made In Sweden

208 lb. anvil, marked Made In Sweden, with a 5 point star above it,
that is slightly visible.There appears to be no other markings that I
am aware of. The overall length is 29" x 12 1/2" high. The horn is 8
1/2". The top plate measures 18" x 4 3/4". The hardy hole is 1 1/4"
square. The entire working surface, horn and plate, have no chips,
gouges, repairs or breaks. The ring sounds like a church bell and the
rebound is fantastic. I have had a few anvils that I've sold and this
is the best one overall. I was just informed that this is a North Star
anvil. According to Richard Postman's Anvils in America it likely
dates to around 1930. Swedish anvils are considered to be of very high
quality. Copy and paste URL

Geoff