Grinding-wheel safety

Damned Little Caesars! They use those corrugated boxes------so I'm out the chance to buy a pie at the gov's expense. Sigh! :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

On Thu, 31 May 2007 04:35:36 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

Little Caesars does NOT make pizza. They spit out something that is a far cheaper and quite tasteless imitation. Feh!

-- Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ---- --Unknown

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Just throw out the box, scrape off the toppings (eating them is optional) and use the pizza crust to make blotters :)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Sigh!

And I thought he was my bud! :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Surely------you jest! :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

According to Harold and Susan Vordos :

[ ... ]
[ ... ]

Do the laundrys still put new cardboard into shirts -- dress shirts at least? I haven't used one in decades (having a washing machine makes a difference, and wearing shirts of a style that don't need ironing makes another difference. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Chuckle!

You talkin' to me? The guy that wears nothing but wash and wear work clothing, and doesn't even own a suit and tie? :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 03:39:08 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

Alas, I haven't eaten much pizza since I discovered my allergy to the Nightshade family of foods. No more potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, chiles, or peppers. Once I eliminated those from my diet, I felt 20+ years younger. Most of the muscle and joint aches were gone. But just try to find something to eat at a restaurant made without even one of those ingredients...

.-. Life is short. Eat dessert first! ---

NoteSHADES(tm) laptop privacy/glare guards

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Man, that must be tough! About the only thing I don't eat is nasty peas. Love 'em fresh, but don't much care for those pasty canned ones.

Not sure I'd be willing to give up the Nightshade family-----one of my favorite Greeks meals is mousaka, made from eggplant. Tomatoes? I make a killer Greek tomato salad-----with tomatoes shipped to us from Utah by my nephew via UPS. Anyone that has lived where nights are warm in the summer may understand that it's very difficult to grow tomatoes that have great flavor where nights are cool. We sure can't get good ones here in Washington.

Funny you should mention muscle and joint pains. I've been struggling with that for the past 15 years or so, although at a tolerable level. Vet says it's arthritis. Hmmmm!

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 18:03:56 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

It is tough, but the lessened pain levels cured me of that in a hurry. I hate canned peas, too. They have a nasty taste. I love canned green beans, though, I think as well as fresh ones.

Sest lavvy, wot? ("C'est la vie" for those who can't translate 'Murricanized Franch.)

Vets are never wrong, you animal. ;)

I had a fun time today. It was 90 and I was up on a ladder putting up siding for a client. I wasn't leaning out very far but when a nail popped, one foot slipped and I decided to bail off the top of the ladder, about 9' off the ground. Luckily, I managed to land on my feet. Unfortunately, as I rolled backwards (alas, the save wasn't quite perfect and my feet were slightly forward of my COG), my head caught the lowest run of the brand new Cosco ladder and gave me birdies. It didn't bleed much but I'm going to have a lump and an L-shaped divot over my right occipital bone for a couple weeks. The headache wasn't too bad and I finished the job afterward.

Man was I lucky. I'd prefer to eat a tomato and suffer those consequences than these. I'm feeling lucky that nothing broke. I guess I'm in slightly better shape than I realized at a ripe old 53.

Metal content: It was an aluminum ladder. 17', multi-use like the Little Giants but lighter and only $114 at Wally World. I love it, 'cept for the narrow steps.

  • Blessed are those who can * Humorous T-shirts Online
  • laugh at themselves, for they * Comprehensive Website Dev.
  • shall never cease to be amused *
Larry Jaques

Larry: I know how you feel I was up 14' torqueing a bolt on my steel building extension when the wrench slipped and I spun off the ladder. Grabbing for anything took a bit of hide off the right hand but I landed on my feet without going down to one knee. The hand hurt enough that I didn't realize that I had take such a fall without hurting knees or legs. I can't normally jump out of the back of a pickup without thinking that I might be risking death. At 70 yrs. old I guess I'm in better shape than I thought. Still flying anyhow.

Reply to
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Wow! Doesn't sound like a great day!

Dunno if I ever mentioned here on RCM, but three years ago, while I was putting up the 100 pound building blocks for the house we've been building for what feels like my entire life, something went very wrong (I have no clue what I did---got a concussion and have no memory of the event) and I fell about six feet, landing on my back, with one of the 100# blocks landing on my chest. I had apparently grabbed for anything that I could, and pulled it off the wall. I was in the process of gluing it down when I fell.

$6,000 later, including a trip to the hospital in an ambulance, I was pronounced in good condition and sent home. They performed a cat scan on my head to insure that I hadn't done any brain damage (small chance, it's well protected in my thick skull).

I had a huge bruise diagonally across my chest, top to bottom, 15", same size as the block.

The block, 10" thick, 15" tall & 7-1/2' long, is made of recycled polystyrene bead, chipped back to small pieces and bonded with cement, thus the weight. The block broke into several pieces, which I assembled and put back in the wall----sort of as a memento to my bad day.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:20:38 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields" quickly quoth:

Atta Boy, Stu! Now 10 days later, I can hardly notice the cut and the bruising on my skull is pretty much gone. I'm back to doing my 300 crunches in the morning.

- Metaphors Be With You -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 05:29:18 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

OUCH!

Hopefully you were insured. I'm not. Glad you made it, 'Arry.

Gee, I wonder why.

Badge of Courage, wot? I had a different idea of your ICF building blocks until now. It's a little different than most.

----------------------------------------------- Never attempt to traverse a chasm in two leaps. ===============================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

By God Larry I wonder how much good I can acheive by just reading and thinking about your 300 crunches? I would expect the equivalent of my doing

  1. I normally try to do 60 of the buggers, but I get bored or go to sleep or something.
Reply to
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 07:42:30 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields" quickly quoth:

I do them (started at 30 reps and was up to 200 in a week) first thing in the morning, just after watering the porcelain in the little room. Y'know, BEFORE the body wakes up enough to say "What in the HELL are you doing?" It warms up my metabolism so I creak less in the morning. (I'm only 53.) But now that I'm doing the handyman work, I'm in much better shape and my back hurts less. I guess there was some truth in that info the chiro said about stomach muscles holding your back upright. I do 100 straight. Then I do some stretching of my back. Then I do 200 cross crunches, alternating to each side.

My ex-BIL still does 1,000 a day at age 69, the bloody workaholic.

- Metaphors Be With You -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

What's a crunch?

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:43:18 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Pete Keillor quickly quoth:

- The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier. ------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques