Grizzly Tools

Who could say no to Grizzly Tools? It is quickly making a name for itself by being the America=92s favorite and one of the largest machinery companies in the US. These tools have been approved by thousands of people and can be found in a wide variety of shops, from those of hobbyists all the way to large industrial producers.

With Grizzly Tools, there is no middleman or distributor. Selling their own product, instead of someone else=92s, drastically reduced the average price of their items. Nobody beats its high quality, durability and low cost.

You can either purchase Grizzly Tools at their showroom/outlet stores, from their free mail order catalog or from their comprehensive online store. Their showroom/outlet stores are usually hundreds of thousands of square feet filled with practically all of their products and you can find them in Pennsylvania, Washington and Missouri.

They offer you and extensive variety of tools including bandsaws (metal and wood), drill presses, sanders, planers, grinders, milling machines and much, much more. Ordering Grizzly Tools is quick and easy due to the fact that 99% of their items ship the same day.

Why settle for other tools when you can have high quality tools at a very reasonable price? Definitely look into Grizzly Tools! I personally guarantee it.

Source:

Rob

Jim Wilkins

I have some friends that have a Grizzley Drill Press. The motor make a lot of noise. I mean a lot. They took it back to Grizzly and Grizzly said that that was normal. I would have returned the drill press and if they all were that noisy, I would look elsewhere.

=20 Dan

Reply to
dcaster

This post appears to be an indication of the new marketing approach that's being utilized to influence opinions.

I've been watching for something like this to show up, and it seems that it has.

This post doesn't state that the writer or poster actually owns or has used anything from Grizzly.

I've been seeing information about new ways to earn extra income by placing ads in online forums.

I dunno if any of the info I've seen is accurate, but at least one website is about how to receive monthly checks from Google for placing ads in various online forums. This concept isn't anything that I'd be interested in doing, but I was curious about what I'd been seeing. I know someone that's always talking about getting involved in things like this, so I thought I'd have a look.

I know a lot of stuff can be faked, but there were images of checks from Google on that particular website. I would kind-of expect Google to stop something like this if the information was misleading, or exploiting the Google name as a way to make money.

My impression of the concept is that any entity (commercial, political or other) can get additional, faked, positive exposure by paying for it. This idea stinks like the media for hire, reading scripted misinformation for money, programs that took place not long ago.

So WTF is the "I personally guarantee it" Bullshit supposed to mean, anyway? What a crock a'shit.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

Is it a variable speed? If so...they can indeed be noisy from the git go.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Reply to
Gunner Asch

No. It is an ordinary single phase motor with very noisy bearings. It makes a lot of noise when there is no belt connected to the motor. A supplier like MSC would have replaced the motor or replaced the whole drill press. They made a mistake in asking Grizzly if the noise was normal. They should have told Grizzly they wanted to exchange the drill press because the bearings were bad.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Is it a 16-speed one (the one with the idler step pulley in the middle on a swing arm?) If so, is it similarly noisy when the belt cover is opened?

I've got a Taiwanese drill press of the sort (from around 1978 or so) which was fine until I had to put new belts on it, and the actual belt length was a little different (US made belts, instead of import ones) causing the swing arm to bring the pulley into contact with the side of the belt guard.

I removed the guard and its bottom pan, punched a new hole in the bottom pan to allow the pivot rod for the swing arm to reside in a new location, and punched new holes for the screws which secured it. This let the guard move to the side a bit so it cleared the idler pulley at all belt settings.

Of course -- it *could* really be the motor. Take the belt off the motor and just let it run with no belt and see what it sounds like. If it is silent then, start adding belts and see when the noise returns.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Or they can simply bite the bullet and spend the $15 for new bearings of good quality.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Reply to
Gunner Asch

If they are shielded instead of sealed you might be able to squirt a little oil or non-foaming chain lube in.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Not my drill press. It is noisy with no belt connected to the motor. And not a little noisy. If it were my drill press I would be pressing Grizzly to do something. And if they would not do anything, I would replace the bearings. Not that it will not drill holes, but I do not want to wear ear muffs every time I use a drill press.

I think Grizzly imports tools and sells them without ever inspecting them. And depends on the customer to find out any problems. Okay if you are close to Grizzly, but not so good if you have to pay shipping to return a defective part and have to wait for a replacement. And not so good if Grizzly says everything is good when it is not.

On the other hand, they do sell tools cheaper than companies that check tools before they sell them. Dan

Reply to
dcaster

My Grizzly story: I ordered a 50 ton press after reviewing the online photo and confirming the details from the downloadable user manual, which showed and described a two-stage pump. But the press arrived with a single-stage pump, which is real pain sometimes. I complained and they told me I could return it at my own expense. 750 lb IIRC, and the crate wasn't up for a return trip. They claimed that two-stage pumps were no longer available, but that was nonsense because the HF versions had that plus air. So they were BSing and I vowed to never deal with them again. But then out of the blue a day or so later they called and offered $100 credit. I still wish I could have undone the deal practically and purchased what I intended. But at least they offered a fair compromise, so I've continued using them.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

On Sun, 10 May 2009 00:17:28 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch scrawled the following:

I got the Chinese one for $7.50. They wanted $27 for the SKF bearing and I wasn't interested. This for the idler on the DP I got from you two years ago. I should probably install that sometime, huh?

-- No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up. --Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Their own product? LOL... You mean their own rebranded product.

Can't argue with much else. the G0521 drill press, except for difficult speed changes, is the best low cost drill press we've ever used. Self-reversing for rigid and multi-spindle tap processes and all.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to