Has anyone played with turning bullets out of copper?

I think typical rifling twist on barrels for high velocity cartridges is around 1 in 10. If we make this even slower at 1 in 12 to simplify the math, a cartridge with a 3,400 FPS muzzle velocity in that 1 in 12 twist barrel will have the bullet spinning 204,000 RPM.

Reply to
Pete C.

Gunner Asch on Sat, 09 Apr 2011 12:02:47 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I read an article where they made slugs from an "oil impregnated bronze" (or something like that). Real cool as it left a smoke trail going down range.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

"Tom Gardner" on Wed, 6 Apr 2011 20:05:10 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Causes fires if it his something solid. (Uranium burns.)

Reply to
pyotr filipivich