Material classification

Does anyone know what kind this material based on chemical composition,
and refer to what standard or ASTM number?
C 0.19 Si 0.54 Mn 1.03 P 0.011 S 0.003 Cr 1.05 Mo 0.248 Ni 0.884 Cu 0.047
V 0.004
Thanks for your assistance,
Reply to
chandak
What's the rest of it? Iron? You have only a few percent of total composition listed there.
Reply to
Ed Huntress
Assuming the remainder is iron, it looks like a chrome-moly steel, though the carbon is low for the common grades (4140, 4340, etc.). Perhaps a carburizing chrome-moly steel similar to 8620?
This might help:
Ned Simmons
Why do you ask? Are you looking for a material like this or has someone offered you some material like this? If the latter, where did it come from?
The Cr, Mo and Ni are pretty low to do much good. I'd guess this is melted down automobiles without the cast iron of the engine, etc..
Pete Stanaitis ------------------
Reply to
Pete S
The over 1% phosphorus content also not typical; certainly not for any weldable grade steel.
Wolfgang
Reply to
wolfgang
The OPs specification gave Phosphorus at 0.011%, you must have been relating the wrong number to the elements percentage.
Reply to
David Billington
responding to
Bill> wolfgang wrote:
standard to determine the mechanical properties.
No, the percentage of Phosphorous is right.
Reply to
chandak
responding to
Huntress wrote:
Reply to
chandak
responding to
Simm> >>
Simmons, thanks a lot for your advice, highly appreciated it.you are solving my problem
Reply to
chandak