Heavy duty sewing shops?

I have a military M923 truck that I want to sell soon. This truck has a heavy vinyl "soft top" for the cab, which is supposed to be attached
to a C shaped rubbery plastic strip that is used to hook it up to the cab.
I have both the top and the strip. At some point, they were sewn together, but the seam came apart. This is unsightly. I want to find some shop that can sew such thick and hard stuff together.
Does someone know what sort of business I should look for in yellow pages. I tried some searches and did not come up with much.
On 11/16/2013 7:01 AM, Ignoramus26083 wrote:

Try looking for places that make awnings or tents. Another place would be automotive upholstery shops.
BobH
Ignoramus26083 wrote:

Look for a place that does boat canvas or tent making. Also auto upholstery or leather work.
--
Steve W.

On 11/16/2013 9:01 AM, Ignoramus26083 wrote:

Do you have a local canvas shop or a shoe repair shop?
MikeB
--
Email is valid

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 08:01:09 -0600, Ignoramus26083 wrote:

If you haven't figured it out yet, "Upholstery" is the common keyword. Auto upholstery shops generally do tops, as well. Not only will they have the equipment to do the job, but they'll have worked on convertible tops, too, and will understand what's going on.
--
Tim Wescott
On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 08:01:09 -0600, Ignoramus26083

Seek an upholstery shop or auto upholstery shop, Ig. They'll have walking-foot machines which can take thick, tough stuff.
Ditto a sail shop, but they'll probably want 3x the price for it, unless you find one really needing extra work in the winter...
Alternatively, buy a used walking-foot machine and give it to your wifey. Then help her do it. Remind her that she can make her own convertible tops, drapes, and upholstery covers with it, too! ;)
--
We are always the same age inside.
-- Gertrude Stein

OK, great, upholstery and shoe repair ought to do it. Thanks guys.

No, no! Go to an Awning Shop! They make _exactly_ what you're seeking to build.
They are not only equipped with the heavy-duty sewing equipment, but are prepared to handle HUGE swaths of material!
Lloyd

If only they were walking-foot, I'd come down and buy one, Gunner.
--
We are always the same age inside.
-- Gertrude Stein

Alas, they aren't walking-foot models. <sigh>
--
We are always the same age inside.
-- Gertrude Stein
On 11/17/2013 11:03 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

You'd like them in high heels, wouldn't you?

WOW! A brand new Toyota for $379, delivered! Alas, I don't need a -new- one at the moment, even at that price. The glare guards aren't a hot selling item any more. I need to design one and start building them for tablets.
The $139 Morse + $39 s/h is a sweet price...
Nah, I'll need a new pressure washer first.
--
We are always the same age inside.
-- Gertrude Stein
On 11/16/2013 9:52 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Then you could repair your Judy blow-up doll yourself!
On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 08:01:09 -0600, Ignoramus26083

Do heavy trucks use tarpaulins to cover loads in your country? Maybe ask at a trucking company where the get them or get them repaired.
Or a sailmaker :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.
On 16/11/2013 10:01 PM, Ignoramus26083 wrote:

Truck tarpaulin maker or repairer.