History Channel Special: Engines

Looks interesting. Wednesday, April 27, 2005

8-9pm (EDT, I think) -- One Time Only - Engines. Story of the development of engines and motors, with particular emphasis on the ones that have profoundly changed society. Beginning with the steam engine, we see how it was created, how it works, and how it led to the Industrial Revolution. We review the electric motor, internal combustion engine, jet engine, and rocket engine, and conclude with a look at futuristic engine technologies, including hydrogen-powered cars and microtechnology engines so small that they fit on the tip of a finger.

---------------------------------- VIRTUE...is its own punishment

Reply to
Larry Jaques