Home gnat problem

I had a problem with gnats inside our home. We have full house air condition with the evaporator in the attic. I bought a electronic fly swatter from Harbor Freight and it was almost fun hearing the frying sound as I eliminate the gnat on the windows as they flew toward the light. However, as the numbers grew I goggle gnats

and came to the conclusion that I needed to find the source. I close off our laundry room and found that room to be the source, I visit a exterminator supply and they suspected the laundry tub, I bought a liquid that coats the drain above the trap. I applied this to no avail. I was about to order a
I decided to check the drain pan under the air condition in the attic. It did have a scum that the goggled articles suggested as breeding places. I plugged up the drain on the drip pan and poured a gallon on bleach in to the pan to soak for a while and I also sprayed bleach on the insulation in the air box. The house smelled like a indoor swimming pool for a while after I drained the bleach and turn the air back on. For a week now I haven seem a gnat.

Reply to
Bill Cotton

Get rid of the garbage in the house. Put all fruits and vegatables in the refigerator or eat them. Without watery food for the gnats, they will go away.

Bob May

plant tray bottoms or even in the plant dirt.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer