How to couple two poles to make a quick extension pole?

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 04:08:22 -0800 (PST), with neither quill nor qualm, BoyntonStu quickly quoth:

one?

> Karl

So what's his cut of the profits when he gives you the key idea for it, Stu?

Sir, yes sir!

-- Seen on a bumper sticker: ARM THE HOMELESS

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't suppose it would be diplomatic to ask what *kinds* of books?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Just let them get married and be done with it.

Reply to
John Husvar

"Foundations of the Stereoscopic Cinema" and a book on embedded controller design.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Now, there's an interesting combination. I'm glad I asked.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I've been having great luck with a little tube of spark-plug-wire goop from the autoparts store.

Dielectric grease, that's it.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

That works... There's also Ideal "Noalox" compound that is made for electrical connections.

But most people don't have the presence of mind, or the materials on hand, to goop up every lightbulb base as they replace burnt out lamps. Installing better fixture sockets and buying better bulbs is the proper long-term solution.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Ford recommends it as a brake and caliper lube instead of the high- temp grease they used to sell. Be careful about using it in an electronics facility, though, because it can interfere with soldering. Silicones like this are prohibited on subs because the vapor creates abrasive SiC in the sparks of electric motor brushes.

Jim Wilkins

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

But where does the average guy find sockets and/or bulbs that are not made in China of recicled pop cans???????

Buying quality in North America gets more difficult by the day. Even the industrial suppliers are peddling the cheap crap.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca