How to Run a Lathe download

Mike Berger wrote:

Let's just end the pissing contest:
http://www.wewilliams.net/SBLibrary.htm
Thanks! This is a great resource!
Jim Stewart wrote:

Excellent resource - thanks, Jim!
Rex Burkheimer
Lindsay Books has it. By the time you print it off, paper, ink cartridges, etc. cheaper to buy the hard copy. I've delt with them for many years and all their books are first rate, although some can be a little strange.
see: http://www.lindsaybks.com/bks/lathebk/index.html for projects see: http://www.lindsaybks.com/bks4/sblpro/index.html home page: http://www.lindsaybks.com/
Uncle George =============================On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:18:12 -0600, Mike Berger

Yes, I have a bunch of their publications. All with expired copyrights, of course. Some things are handy to have in machine readable form though.
F. George McDuffee wrote:

Thanks especially to Jim Stewart for pointing me to some excellent free and legal resources for downloading.
I'm really surprised at all the mean-spirited responses I received.
* There is nothing wrong with downloading legal, non-copyrighted material from the Internet, EVEN if old hard copies exist. That's not being "cheap". It's practical and useful.
* Downloading material that is not governed by copyright is legal. It's not stealing.
I own an Internet Service Provider. We are *very* consciencious about enforcing copyright violations. For people to insinuate that I was trying to steal is mean spirited and ignorant. I also have lots of bandwidth (and low cost printing if I want it) available. So YOU might think an old beat up hard copy is better. But that might not be true for me.
I hope some of the people who responded in such a negative way will think more before posting in the future. If you want to be our moral guardians and the cops of the world, get your facts right first.
Hi, As January comes to a close, I'd like to think you all for pushing my site to a new monthly download record of 15 Gb. The previous monthly record was 10 Gb so this a real leap forward. This is only 20% of my monthly download allocation, so I am by no means upset. I had started http://www.wewilliams.net several years ago as a service, to share SBL docs that were hard to find with the internet comunity. So the more you download, the the more of a sucess the site is!
WEWilliams
On 31 Jan 2006 00:42:51 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks for your service to everyone. Great that you are willing to take the time and make the effort to share freely. Googling, its hard to find sites like yours through the noise of those that just want our money.
I try to do my part with giving things away but I don't have much of interest to share with this group. Would if I did.
Good that you have big bandwidth. Lots of people learn the hard way that they have bandwidth limits when they offer something that turns out to be popular.
I'll add my thanks for your (considerable) efforts. I downloaded the threading handbook (since that is an area that will be interesting me shortly). On the inside back page, there was a reference to "how to grind lathe tool cutter bits"; does anyone have a scan of that book that they would be willing to share? I have seen similar info elsewhere, but it's nice to have as many versions as possible - hopefully at least one explanation will sink in.
Joe
Joe - I thought I had scanned it, geez, is 1 of 2 most common books. I'll see if I can't get it on there for you.
Ted