How to Run a Lathe download

Excellent resource - thanks, Jim!

Rex Burkheimer

Reply to
Rex B

I got my copy as well from Lindsay Publications, but I paid $7.95 + $1.75 shipping.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

And I got a NOS (New Old Stock) 1950 edition from someone else on this newsgroup, who used to have a stock of them. I don't know whether he sold the last of them by now, or whether he may still have some.

After looking the subject up on eBay, I see that there really is a video (made from old B&W movie films (probably 16mm). I wonder what the quality is? At least, better than if it had been made from 8mm films. :-)

I don't think that anyone here has seen the movies, and probably did not even know that they existed.

I'm not sure that I care enough to want the movie. I find the book to be the better reference, personally. And -- I can carry it to the shop for reference, which is awkward to do with a movie -- even with the relative convenience of DVD.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Reply to
Mike Berger

Hi, As January comes to a close, I'd like to think you all for pushing my site to a new monthly download record of 15 Gb. The previous monthly record was 10 Gb so this a real leap forward. This is only 20% of my monthly download allocation, so I am by no means upset. I had started

several years ago as a service, to share SBL docs that were hard to find with the internet comunity. So the more you download, the the more of a sucess the site is!

WEWilliams

Reply to
sbl.htral

Thanks for your service to everyone. Great that you are willing to take the time and make the effort to share freely. Googling, its hard to find sites like yours through the noise of those that just want our money.

I try to do my part with giving things away but I don't have much of interest to share with this group. Would if I did.

Good that you have big bandwidth. Lots of people learn the hard way that they have bandwidth limits when they offer something that turns out to be popular.

Reply to
xray

I'll add my thanks for your (considerable) efforts. I downloaded the threading handbook (since that is an area that will be interesting me shortly). On the inside back page, there was a reference to "how to grind lathe tool cutter bits"; does anyone have a scan of that book that they would be willing to share? I have seen similar info elsewhere, but it's nice to have as many versions as possible - hopefully at least one explanation will sink in.

Joe

Reply to
jgandalf

Joe - I thought I had scanned it, geez, is 1 of 2 most common books. I'll see if I can't get it on there for you.

Ted

jgandalf wrote:

Reply to
sbl.htral

Thats a good price - BUT I am in Australia, where everything (except Chinese consumer electronics) costs more.......... and, for what I got, happy to part with me $20. In American dollars, probably $17.80 is close.

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

Ah. Thanks for the whack on the side of the head. I should have checked your IP address.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett