Sail hooks

Looking for a smithy in Philadelphia area who can strike me three or four sailmaker's hooks with scorpions. Reply offline.

Reply to
Frayed Knots

I know what a sailmakers hook is. What's the scorpion? Thanks Karl

Reply to
everyman

--Just for grins you might try contacting the Wooden Boat School in Brooklin, Maine. There are some sharp characters in that shop and they may have links for ya.

Reply to
steamer

Do a Google on Lunenburg shipwrights, or Lunenburg marine hardware

Reply to
Brian Lawson

To 'everyman": (What's a 'scorpion'?) Here's a link to a page I made:

To: "steamer": Thanks! I'll do just that. I forgot all about Scott and the lads!

To: brian lawson": Did that, but don't see anything terribly relevant. Am I missing summat?

Reply to
Frayed Knots

SNIP

No, you didn't. My point was simply that the Lunenburg area folk are renowned for their boat and sail-making history, and the place listed will "make" pretty much anything a ship chandler wants. Maybe even just contact them and ask the same question of them??

Most lofts today probably don't use the device much, but have you asked an old local sail-maker anywhere?

Take care. Good Luck.

Brian Lawson.

ps... Whaddaya gonna do with them anyway?

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Thanks Makes sense. Thanks Karl

Reply to