Hydraulic motors

Droll, et al,

I offered the thin-wire analogy to show there are physics counterparts to the HP/RPM/Torque thing. My apolgies to all those over whose heads it went. Youall go on thinking you can belt-up any amount of torque to move any amount of load at any desired speed.

Bob (doesn't suffer fools well) Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

On Oct 5, 9:09=A0am, "Robert Swinney" wrote: . =A0In another venue, Don could explain how gazillions of watts of power could be

One of my first jobs was on a system that transmitted about 2000 amps through a wire that was .002 inch in diameter. Voltage was a bit over

2000 volts.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

wrote: One of my first jobs was on a system that transmitted about 2000 amps through a wire that was .002 inch in diameter. Voltage was a bit over 2000 volts. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That can't be right. Do you mean 2000 watts? Even that sounds a bit edgy.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

I agree but he didn't say how long the wire was carrying that current. If the application was to spectrally analyze the content of the wire and it was intended that it turn into a plasma ..... Art

"Leo Lichtman" wrote

Reply to
Artemus

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Dan

Making nanoparticles?

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I must have missed where he said it was a steady current flow instead of a short pulse.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Dan

Exploding bridgewire ordnance system for ICBM

Reply to
dcaster

The 'Inter City Beer Missile'?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Dan

Polaris A3

Reply to
dcaster

At what duty cycle. That wire won't consider to carry 2000 amps unless it is a very low duty cycle. And 4 e^6 watts !

Mart> > . In another venue, Don could explain how gazillions of watts of > power could be

Martin H. Eastburn

The 'Inter City Beer Missile' was part of a silly beer commercial on a Cicinnati TV station in the '70s.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell