Identifying a replacement light bulb

I have an indicator on my phase converter. Salvaged from somewhere. It is a 120 volt bulb, 3/4 inch diameter, and a double contact bayonet
base. The base is 15mm diameter.
I tried for hours to find any conversion from dimensions to bulb number. No luck. Can anyone shed some light on where the specs are located for the various bulb types?
The catalogs and web pages list hundreds of types of bulbs, and what base they have, but not the dimensions of the base standards! How many sizes of bayonet bases are there? Where can I get one replacement bulb?
Thanks in advance. Pete
Add pictures here
✖
On 9 Jan 2005 21:09:51 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net wrote:

Sounds like a bulb for the power head of an old sears vacuum cleaner. check with an appliance repair shop. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Add pictures here
✖
What is the overall length of the bulb? There is some pretty good help identifying minature lamps at http://www.sunraylighting.com/technicalinfo.shtm . If the glass part is round and is 3/4 diameter, then it is a g6.(lamps in the US are mesaured in 1/8th, thus 3/4 would be 6/8, or a g6). So, we have g6 double contact at 120 volt. I have never seen a double contact bayonnet lamp that was 120 volt. Are you sure that there is not a step down transformer before the lamp? At the same Sunray site you can download their catalogs as pdf files for review. Post back and let me know what you come up with. You should be able to put a meter on the contacts in the socket if you are not sure of the voltage. Just be careful,they are pretty close together.

Add pictures here
✖

Dons bulbs has a long list of dcb (BA15d) base 120vac bulbs....Paul
http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/t.pl/bulbdatasearch.html?v 0v&x=&bē15d&g=&f=&click.xE&click.y=1
Add pictures here
✖
Good find. I learned that there are dc lamps at higher than 32 volts. My guess is he needs a lower wattage one for an indicator, something like the 6S6 series.

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/t.pl/bulbdatasearch.html?v 0v&x=&bē15d&g=&f=&click.xE&click.y=1
Add pictures here
✖
Thanks for the links... I searched for hours, and came up empty for dimensions. Good resource, this group is.
Pete
Add pictures here
✖

You might find it at www.grainger.com by using the lamp matching feature.
The one I found is 6S6/DC TRAY
Add pictures here
✖
If you are sure it is a 120 volt bulb ... Solder on a pair of wires to the contacts and run them to a 120v socket for a screw-in, std. Edison-base night light.
Bob Swinney

Add pictures here
✖
On 9 Jan 2005 21:09:51 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net wrote:

Bring it to a sewing machine repair shop and see if they can match it -- or even JoAnn's fabrics or Wal-Mart. That sounds a lot like the bulb used in a Singer Featherweight. Yup, just measured one, the base is 15 mm dia.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net wrote: ...

If it's that hard to find, I would replace the socket with a common one. Bob
Add pictures here
✖