Identifying a replacement light bulb

I have an indicator on my phase converter. Salvaged from somewhere. It is a 120 volt bulb, 3/4 inch diameter, and a double contact bayonet base. The base is 15mm diameter.

I tried for hours to find any conversion from dimensions to bulb number. No luck. Can anyone shed some light on where the specs are located for the various bulb types?

The catalogs and web pages list hundreds of types of bulbs, and what base they have, but not the dimensions of the base standards! How many sizes of bayonet bases are there? Where can I get one replacement bulb?

Thanks in advance. Pete

Reply to
3t3d

Sounds like a bulb for the power head of an old sears vacuum cleaner. check with an appliance repair shop. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

What is the overall length of the bulb? There is some pretty good help identifying minature lamps at

. If the glass part is round and is 3/4 diameter, then it is a g6.(lamps in the US are mesaured in 1/8th, thus 3/4 would be 6/8, or a g6). So, we have g6 double contact at 120 volt. I have never seen a double contact bayonnet lamp that was 120 volt. Are you sure that there is not a step down transformer before the lamp? At the same Sunray site you can download their catalogs as pdf files for review. Post back and let me know what you come up with. You should be able to put a meter on the contacts in the socket if you are not sure of the voltage. Just be careful,they are pretty close together.

Reply to
Grady

Dons bulbs has a long list of dcb (BA15d) base 120vac bulbs....Paul

PJ

Good find. I learned that there are dc lamps at higher than 32 volts. My guess is he needs a lower wattage one for an indicator, something like the

6S6 series.

Grady

Thanks for the links... I searched for hours, and came up empty for dimensions. Good resource, this group is.

Pete

Reply to
3t3d

You might find it at

by using the lamp matching feature.

The one I found is 6S6/DC TRAY

Reply to
Rick

If you are sure it is a 120 volt bulb ... Solder on a pair of wires to the contacts and run them to a 120v socket for a screw-in, std. Edison-base night light.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Bring it to a sewing machine repair shop and see if they can match it

-- or even JoAnn's fabrics or Wal-Mart. That sounds a lot like the bulb used in a Singer Featherweight. Yup, just measured one, the base is 15 mm dia.

Reply to
Don Foreman

snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net wrote: ...

If it's that hard to find, I would replace the socket with a common one. Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt